13 September 2022

Soft toys to stitch

Finished stuffed personalities, made by a seven-year-old.

Our grandchildren and their parents visited this summer and my granddaughter loves projects so I found this kit. My aging brain has forgotten where I found it, but it's available through Amazon and other vendors.
 
Kit comes with everything, including polyfil stuffing and a needle, and makes three stuffed toys: a unicorn, phoenix bird and yeti.  I explained the legend of the phoenix, and we found Nepal and Tibet on a world map to discuss the yeti. 
 
The well-illustrated instruction booklet is very clear. I helped start, and tie off, each seam of stitching, but otherwise grandchild worked independently. Most of the eyes and ears, etc., are adhesive, but there is a bit of additional stitching. 
 
Also extra adhesive bits allow for some personalization, as seen in the yeti in the top image, which differs from the image on the package.


Several mornings of fun.