14 February 2021

A Kitty for Valentine's Day

Kitty, atop Hershey's kisses.

I stitched up a few kitties for family and friends.  Just wool felt, embroidery floss and polyfill stuffing. Very easy.
The pattern is available if you sign up for a newsletter here: 


I did sign up and downloaded the pattern, but enlarged it to make a kitty about 5 1/2" tall.  I also changed the eyes, as follows:
 
 
For the eyes, I used 3 strands of black embroidery floss and also 3 strands for the pink nose, which is just satin stitch.
 
To attached the face to the front, I used two strands of white floss, and a simple running stitch. Two strands, color to match the felt, are also used to whip stitch the front and back together.
 
Finally, I used the entire 6 strands of floss for the whiskers, which are just pulled through the layers and trimmed, for a 3-dimensional effect. 
 
Happy Valentine's Day!