11 October 2021

Itty-bitty Halloween knits


Little Witch, Cat and Tiny Pumpkin.

I was lucky this year and was able to snag a kit from Bartlett Wool Co.  Missed out on the kit last year, and it sold out again this year.  However, the patterns can be purchased on Ravelry, https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/little-witch-charm-set

Very cute, I think. I weighted the witch with two metal washers from the hardware store, and used one washer for the pumpkin and cat. The witch is a bit wobbly, so I might modify the pattern next time and use the base set-up from Churchmouse Yarns' Jolly Wee Elf pattern.  

The items are knitted in the round with size 4 or size 3 needles, so a bit fiddly, but worth it.  The instructions are very clear and detailed.

I'm now knitting while watching Downton Abbey again, and measure knitting time in units of episodes. Each pumpkin takes about one Downton Abbey Unit, or DAU.  The cat, with body, tail and ears, took about two DAUs. The witch has many parts, not to mention ends to weave in, and her construction extended over half a season's worth of episodes.

My pumpkin patch.